Where to start when it comes to your patio makeover? There are so many options to choose from and hundreds of inspiration photos online. I thought if I was having trouble, others must be as well. Check out the list below to help you get started updating your patio on a budget.
7 Simple Ways to Update Your Patio
- ADD LIGHTS– Being able to sit outside when the sun sets, nothing is better. If you have a small budget adding some string lights or lanterns is a great way to create a cozy atmosphere.
- PICK A THEME – If your budget is tight but you want to refresh your space, use what you have but add a few décor pieces that fit a theme. For example, you have the outdoor furniture but it’s looking tired, you could pick a tropical theme and add some pillows or cozy blankets or an outdoor stool that can double as a side table.
- MOVE THE FURNITURE – Sometimes all a space needs is to move the furniture around. It’s amazing how different a patio can feel from this small change.
- PAINT – I’ve had a few patio sets over the years that I have simply sanded and painted, and did it ever make a huge difference. There are so many different options for outdoor stains and paint now, it can transform your outdoor furniture.
- ADD A RUG – If you have a small budget and you can only add one piece of décor, an outdoor rug will make a big statement. If you adding a rug choose a colour or pattern you really like.
- BRING IN PLANTS – Whether you have a small yard or patio, adding some greenery creates a great vibe. You don’t have to worry about planting you can always find pots to fit with your patio colours. There are so many great pots to choose from online or in store. Have you checked out H&M Home? So good!
- RECOVER YOUR PILLOWS – Sometimes our outdoor décor can fade, especially cushions and pillows. Recovering your furniture cushions might not be in the budget, but a quick fix is purchasing new outdoor pillow covers. I found some online for under $15 from Amazon and H&M.
For this patio makeover I am going for a chic nautical vibe on the patio, using black, white, red and vintage brass. My dream list of finds includes a vintage port hole, brass candlesticks and a large lantern I can paint.
What items are you wanting for your outdoor space?
A Plentiful Life Affordable Makeover Apartment Therapy Applaro Bargainista Black Brass budget Budget Home DIY Home Frugal Living Frugalista Ikea Ikea Makeover inspiration makeover Nautical Patio Outside Living Patio DIY Patio Inspiration Patio Makeover Patio Set Patio Vibes Red String Lights vintage White